Tapie: Full Tilt Poker deal will go ahead
Group Bernard Tapie will relaunch Full Tilt Poker in Europe in a month
|by Alligator Blood||February, 2nd 2012||
Above: Full Tilt Poker shareholder Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson
Full Tilt will still be taken over by Group Bernard Tapie (BGT), the French investment company has insisted.
Laurent Tapie, the managing director of the company, has denied reports that poker star Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson - who is a large Full Tilt shareholder - was threatening to block the deal.
He said: "This is totally false.
"Chris Ferguson has no problem with regard to the completion of the takeover agreement, which is now imminent.
"Even if Chris Ferguson wanted to oppose it, he would not be able to because the agreement has already been validated."
Subject Poker claimed last week that Ferguson - who it said had banked around $60million from Full Tilt Poker in recent years - was demanding $14.3 million he used to cover the site's operating expenses after Black Friday last year.
The Full Tilt takeover is expected to go through by early March and the BGT is currently in negotiations with the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) to its gambling licence re-activated.
Full Tilt and PokerStars have been shut to US players since Black Friday - April 15 2011.
Full Tilt has also been down for UK players since June 29.
Nearly $150million is currently frozen in Full Tilt player accounts around the world.